Australian visa

Visa Travel Agents Tours Hotels Flights About Iran GeneralIran Embassies Contact us

If you are planning to visit Australia for the purpose of tourism or to visit friends or family, then you should apply for the Australia Tourist Visa (ETA).

ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) applications have replaced the traditional visa label in your end. The ETA is issued electronically and details of approved applicants are recorded on the Australian Governments database. there is no stamp or label in your passport and there is no need for you to visit an Australian diplomatic office to submit an application. Applications for ETAs can be submitted through travel agents or airlines.

All that is needed to apply is your end and payment details.

ETA Eligible Countries 

The following passport holders are able to access Australia's Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) issuing system online.


ETA Eligible Countries
The following passport holders can be issued an ETA Visa online:
Andorra Austria Belgium Brunei Canada
Denmark Finland France Germany Greece
Hong Kong (SAR) Iceland Ireland Italy Japan
Liechtenstein Luxembourg Malaysia Malta Monaco
The Netherlands Norway Portugal Republic of San Marino Singapore
South Korea Spain Sweden Switzerland Taiwan*
United Kingdom (British Citizen) United Kingdom (Overseas)** United States of America  Vatican City  

* Holders of Taiwan passports can only be processed for an ETA if resident in and applying in Taiwan.
** Holders of UK passports which indicate their nationality to be British National (Overseas) can only be processed for an ETA if resident in and applying in Hong Kong.


The Tourist Visa (ETA) is valid for 12 months from the date it is granted. You are permitted multiple stays of up to 3 months over the 12 month period.If you are travelling for business purposes, you should apply for the Short Validity Business ETA.

The Cost of this service is AUS$20.00 the charge is non-refundable.

Applicants must be outside Australia and are NOT permitted to work on this visa.

You can study in Australia on an Australia Tourist Visa (ETA) as long as the course you undertake does not exceed more than 3 months in length.

Important: You may not be permitted to enter Australia unless you are in good health and have no criminal convictions.

We recommends that you do not book your flight until you have been granted your Australian Tourist visa.


Australian Student Visas

If you intend to study in Australia for more than 4 months you will need to apply for a student Visa!

You must have applied and been accepted in an Australian College or institution to be eligible to apply. You will need to have proof of a valid confirmation of enrolment (COE) when submitting your application. Once you have paid your course fees in full your confirmation of enrolment will usually be issued by the Australian Institute you will be attending.

Your Australian host University will also recommend an Overseas Student Health policy for you to purchase. You will also need receipt of this before applying. For more information please 

To apply for the Australian Student Visa you will need:

  • Passport.
  • An application form.
  • Your application fee.
  • Confirmation of Enrolment Form (see above)
  • letter of confirmation from your University or college confirming you are going to study abroad.
  • A receipt proving you have purchased overseas health insurance.
  • 2 passport photographs.

List of Student Visas

Student Visas are available in 7 categories, depending on the principal course of study, being:

  • Independent ELICOS: English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students. This visa is for those who are only coming for the English course, but it is not a visa to study English prior to further courses.
  • Vocational Education and Training (VET): A VET course is at Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Certificate level, as is taken in Australia at a Government Funded Technical and further Education (TAFE) college, or a privately funded college.
  • Higher Education: A University bachelor degree, graduate certificate or graduate diploma.
  • Masters and Doctorate Study: A Masters degree by coursework or by research, and a Doctorate(PhD).
  • Schools: A primary or secondary school course of study, or a secondary exchange student program.
  • Non-Award Foundation (Other Sector): Any study course where there is no formal educational award or certificate.
  • AusAID or Defence Sponsored: You must provide evidence that you are sponsored by either AusAID or a Defence scholarship.

Working on an Australian Student Visa.
Once you have commenced your studies you can apply for a 'permission to work Visa'. There will be an additional charge for this visa. During term time there will be a restriction on the number of hours you can work (20 hours per week), the limit is removed outside of term time.

Student visa information on this site is an outline only. Students in Australia on a student visa can apply for permission to work up to 20 hours a week during course time and full-time during vacations.


Iran visa Turkey visa  Hong Kong visa China visa Bahrain visa Cyprus visa Greece visa India visa Ireland visa Kazakhstan visa Kuwait visa   Qatar visa UAE visa   Russia Visa  Saudi Arabia visa Spain visa Syria visa Ukraine visa  Vietnam visa

 Australia Population        Australian embassy In Tehran     Australia Visa Application    Melbourne Dining     Melbourne Bars   Melbourne Museums     Melbourne Shopping   Melbourne Sports    Transportations in Melbourne



                                     Copyright 2002 2008 ISTA, INC.